It’s All About NEW…We’ve Got You Covered at PubSense Summit 2015!
After the flattering press and positive survey results from PubSmart 2014, we knew we’d set a high bar, that we’d have to bring more this year. And not just more (though we have more events and six more sessions!) but different, too.
Because when you look at the business of publishing between April 2014 and now, you have to ask yourself….
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
- With all the conglomerating going on, the Big Six publishers have become the Big Five. We made a point of getting that covered! Cevin Breyerman, publisher of Publisher’s Weekly has his finger on the pulse of the publishing industry and will share his insights about why this matters to authors and small publishers.
- This shift has created a groundswell towards small press, so we’ve added a unique panel, The Rise of Small Press. What is it and why is it important to you? Because small press is taking chances with unknowns and they’re publishing work because they love it.
- What’s going on these days with CreateSpace, KDP, and ACX, especially now that Jeffrey Deaver has published his first book with Audible in audio format only? Is this a new trend? We got it covered…ask David Symonds from CreateSpace; he’ll be there.
- And keynote Joanna Penn isn’t just a best-selling author – she wants you to be one too! Her site, The Creative Penn is regularly voted one of the top sites for authors and self-publishers.
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
- We’ve sought out new sponsors with new ideas and products to help you through the publishing and book marketing process, too. Adbiblio, BooKarma, The Book Professor, Reedsy, Freebooksy, Blue Ink Reviews, Promontory Press, Koehler Books, Unbound Words, Publisher’s Weekly, Self E and Library Journal are new companies coming to share their unique offerings and insights.
- Of course we’ve brought back our most popular 2014 sponsors too, including Where Writers Win, Kobo, Ingram Spark, IBPA, PubSlush, NetGalley, Chanticleer Reviews, BookILove, and Biblioboards.
- We were delighted to be greeted with great enthusiasm from our traditional agents and editors with our idea to eliminate the agent/editor panel. Instead, their participation on different panels gives us a powerful perspective for every single topic. Did you know that Michelle Brower (powerhouse literary agent from Folio Literary Management) feels strongly that your local librarian could hold an important key to increasing your book sales? Or that SourceBooks editor Stephanie Bowen has great insights into finding the best book services? Or the great advice literary agent Emma Patterson has on platform building?
- A new opt-in event: Monday’s Musings at Charleston’s 39 Rue de Jean, limited to the first 75 to sign up, will put you up close and personal with faculty for a private mixer featuring heavy hors d’oeuvres and a signature drink from new event sponsor Reedsy.
- PLUS, a VERY special prize will be awarded at Monday’s Musings: a 2-night stay at the luxurious Salamander Hotel & Spa in the rolling hills of Middleburg, VA, valued at $1200!
This is a mere glimpse, but you can now view the entire Schedule at a Glance here and see for yourself, and pick up more early insights from the faculty blog post contributions running here.
Now let’s talk about what we’ve kept and made better:
- A BIG registration contest: We have slots left, but you’d better hurry and register because it’s limited!
- Our usual five Master Classes, PLUS TWO full days of conference action and exhibits.
- 18 regular sessions, up from twelve, and each session will be a full hour long to allow more time as requested by attendees for Q&A.
- Between session breaks are now 30 minutes, allowing more time between classes to network with each other and dozens of exhibiting sponsors.
- Three days of conference sessions and special events will now culminate in our signature Dish and Dialog Dinner.
- Expanded space: To accommodate the unique sessions and exhibitor offerings!
You won’t want to miss staying at The Francis Marion Hotel…Quintessential Charleston and the best networking place in town. Our special room rates expire February 1, so give them a call (843-722-0600) and tell them you’re with PubSense Summit to get the special rate of $184 ($15 less per day than last year!)
We invite you to register and experience all the new we’ve got in store for you!
The PubSense Summit Team