Registration LIVE for PubSense Summit 2015!
Charleston, SC – The PubSense Summit™ team is thrilled to announce that registration is LIVE for PubSense Summit, taking place at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, SC, March 22-24, 2015! The Summit is comprised of the best and brightest people in publishing, author branding and book marketing, all gathered to help emerging authors and small publishers make sense of a rapidly shifting landscape.
What’s New in 2015?
For those who attended our inaugural event in April, 2014, here are add-ons you’ll see in 2015, while your price remains the same!
- Sunday’s opening day will again feature five unique master class offerings, and this will be followed by TWO full days of conference action and exhibits.
- Regular sessions will expand from 12 to 18, and each session will be a full hour long to allow more time as requested by attendees for Q&A.
- Between session breaks will increase from 15 minutes to 30 minutes, allowing more time between classes to network with each other and dozens of exhibiting sponsors.
- Three days of conference sessions and special events will now culminate in our signature Dish and Dialog Dinner.
- Our new registration interface with C-Vent allows for a seamless experience for attendees.
- Expanded space: We’re taking another whole ballroom to accommodate the unique sessions and exhibitor offerings!
- A new opt-in event: Monday’s Musings at Charleston’s 39 Rue de Jean, limited to the first 75 to sign up, will put you up close and personal with faculty for a private mixer featuring heavy hors d’oeuvres and a signature drink from new event sponsor Reedsy.
- PLUS, a VERY special prize will be awarded at Monday’s Musings: a 2-night stay at the luxurious Salamander Hotel & Spa in the rolling hills of Middleburg, VA, valued at $1200! Centered in horse and wine country outside of DC, it’s a luxury getaway sure to awaken the muses…
Who Will I Meet?
In case you haven’t gotten a look at the stellar faculty up at PubSenseSummit.com yet, here’s a sneak peek at just SOME of the 60+ stars you’ll be rubbing elbows with in Charleston:
Literary Agents: Carrie Howland (Donadio & Olson); Emma Patterson (Brandt & Hochman); Michelle Brower (Folio Literary); Nicole Resciniti (Seymour Agency); Elizabeth Evans (Jean Naggar Literary Agency); Saritza Hernandez (Corvisiero Literary Agency)
Editors/Publishers: Andra Miller (Algonquin Books); Will Murphy (Penguin/Random House); Elizabeth Lacks (St. Martins Press); Stephanie Bowen (Source Books); Jonathan Haupt (Story River Books/USC Press); Guy Intoci (Dzanc Books); Joe Coccaro (Koehler Books); Dara Beevas (Wise Ink Creative Publishing)
Marketing/PR/Legal/Financial Experts: Amanda Barbara (Pubslush); Claire McKinney (Claire McKinney PR); Kathy Murphy (The Pulpwood Queen); Kiffer Brown (Chanticleer Reviews); Elizabeth Dimarco (Books I Love); C. Hope Clark (Funds for Writers) Patricia Moosbrugger (Blue Ink Review); Laura Clark (Marketing – St Martins Press); Shari Stauch (Where Writers Win); Angela DeCaires (BookLogix); Robin Cutler (Ingram Spark); Porter Anderson (Writing from the Ether), Angela Bole (IBPA) and many more…
You can get a look at our Event Schedule here, and once again you can expect to learn plenty about:
- How today’s editors/agents are helping to further your publishing goals
- Steps to build your author platform, brand and persona
- Insights from publishing pros including agents, editors, marketers and social media gurus
- Where book publishing and marketing is headed today
- How to build book sales through reviewers, mass media, libraries and book clubs
- Today’s methods of crowdfunding, improved visibility tools and increasing distribution
Who Should Attend?
The PubSense Summit is dedicated to emerging authors and small publishers. Who should attend?
- Traditionally published authors who want to improve sales and discover new avenues for their work
- Self-published authors who want to reach more readers
- Aspiring authors seeking guidance from industry insiders
- Independent publishers who want to better serve their authors and boost their bottom line
Be One of the First to Register and…
We’re also pleased to announce the PubSense Summit Registration Contest! The PRIZE: A Free Promotional Consult and Marketing Plan courtesy of Claire McKinney PR – Valued at $1,000.00.
Claire McKinney will read a portion of your manuscript; conduct a one hour consultation either on-site at PubSense Summit™ or at another mutually convenient time; discuss different strategies and ideas with you; create a promotional plan including publicity and marketing ideas for you and your book; AND deliver you a written plan to you for your use.
- QUALIFICATIONS – You must have an unpublished manuscript that is ready for publication within (6) months after PubSense Summit™. (Approximately September 2015)
- The PubSense Summit team will randomly draw FIVE finalists from the first 100 registrants; Claire McKinney will then pick a winner.
- Hurry and Register! Contest is limited to the first 100 qualified registrants!
We look forward to seeing old friends and new at PubSense Summit 2015!
The PubSense Summit™ Team